The Beneftis of Basic Transportation
Photo by J. J.
I admit I’m guilty as charged. I used to take the car to do groceries when I had to go two blocks down the road. I made justifications for everything.
A lot of times I just didn’t want to bother myself carrying the stuff all the way down the street. Other times it would drizzle or I’d be in a hurry. All poor excuses. I happy to announce those excuses are history.
Now I am walking and cycling more than ever. An eye opener and relief to my simplicity lifestyle. I had almost forgotten how truly great it is to walk or take the bike.
You create a different mindset. You feel less rushed and more relaxed. You get less agitated and feel more calm and happier. You feel free. Free from the herd. It has becoming a blessing.
Experience it yourself:
Yes, you already know walking is great for your health. I know it may sound obvious or even corny but it is still the best, healthiest and most natural mode of transport. People have become slaves of their cars. Slaves of comfort with serious consequenses. Walking can change all of that.
- Walking reduces the risk of cancer, diabetes, anxiety and depression.
- Walking is free. It does not require any special equipment.
- Walking allows you to see everything around you, connect with people, hear the birds sing, enjoy nature, breath fresh air and feel the sun.
- Walking makes you more friendly and kindhearted.
- Walking is good for the invoirment.
- Walking is the most sustainable mode of transport.
- Walking gives you high amounts of physical energy.
- Walking increases overall positivity and happiness.
- Cycling has all the same health benefits as walking.
- Cycling also shapes and firms the thighs and calf muscles.
- No traffic jams. Just passing through.
- No rushed feelings. No traffic frustration.
- Cycling is safer.
- Cycling reduces anti-social behaviour.
- No need for huge parking space. No parking costs.
Although public transportation is not really basic transportation, we all need to make long distances once in a while. I recommend taking public transportation if possible.
- Go by train or bus.
- It is better for the invoirment.
- it’s healthier than driving yourself. You still need to walk parts.
- It does not require maintenance or operating.
- Transit is safer than driving a car.
- It’s fast. No traffic jams.
- No parking issues.
- You can take a short nap, read, write or start a conversation.
- It’s better for your social life.
Feel happier today. Enjoy!
“All truly great thoughts are conceived while walking” – Friendrich Nietzsche