Living and following my passion has always been my number one priority. I ultimately managed to do this by really creating time for the things I truly love.
To succeed in this, it is to key to MAKE time and use it wisely and effectively to build your dream life step by step.
The three things that created more time for me and changed my life in a huge way is waking up early, working less and simplifying my life.
Simplifying is a way of life that is challenging and rewarding in every aspect. It has truly made me a happier person and it has freed me to do all the things I love to do like, playing guitar, writing, meditating, running, yoga, and spending lots of quality time with my family.
Here are 36 ways to create more time so you can start doing the things you love most:
1. Stop answering every single phone call. Let the answering machine do his work. If it’s really important, they’ll answer it.
2. Send less email, you’ll receive less email.
3. Put a no junk mail sign on your door to stop unaddressed junk mail. Stop reading adds.
4. Reduce commitments and obligations. Think twice before you commit.
5. Stop spending time with people who suck the life out of you.
6. Put away your mobile phone. Whatsapp less, and receive less messages.
7. Turn off TV, and turn off your iPad.
8. Stick to priorities. Don’t start doing things that come second place because they are easier to do.
9. Set a time limit for things to do. This way you won’t waste anytime.
10. Wake up earlier and go to bed earlier.
11. Outsource and delegate. Let other people do things for you.
12. Learn to say no.
13. Buy less stuff. Buying itself is time consuming, but also maintaining the stuff you bought, placing and replacing, repairing, taking it back, etc.
14. Shut down the computer once in a while.
15. Declutter your home and office.
16. Stop procrastination. Do important things NOW.
17. Automate your bill payments.
18. Manage your time. Write down how you spend your time. Stop wasting it. Be efficient.
19. Eliminate tasks. There are always tasks that don’t really matter.
20. Do everything easier. It it takes up to much time, think of an easier way or don’t do it at all.
21. Batch your errands.
22. Stop doing things you don’t like. Free your mind
23. Stop spending all your time on social media.
24. Free up time for the things you love most. Work on living your passion.
25. Don’t want it all. Stop wanting to do everything. Do less.
26. Become minimalist.
27. Focus on completion. Don’t try to be a perfectionist. Get it done.
28. Become paperless. Scan and upload your documents. You’ll have every piece of paper available in seconds.
29. Keep your keys in one place All the time.
30. Do things differently. If you do what everybody else does, you’ll get what everybody else has. Most people don’t have time, so do it differently.
31. Work less. Try to go from 5 days to 4 days a week.
32. Don’t be too altruistic. Take care of yourself first, then take care of others.
33. Worry less. Worrying takes up a lot of precious time.
34. Downsize your stuff. The less stuff you have, the less time you spend cleaning, maintaining and replacing the stuff.
35. Carry less, take less, bring less. Be free.
36. Occasionally take a walk and evaluate / reflect on how you spend your time and your life.
“Don’t waste your time chasing butterflies. Mend your garden, and the butterflies will come” ~ Mario Quintana
Share your comments. I appreciate it. I always read them.